My friend Nick repairs garage doors in the Dallas and Collin County area, so he is always in his truck going between jobs. Especially during the hot summer months – or the windy and cold winters – he has to eat on the road a lot. We talked about different ways to stay fueled and at high levels while away from home so long everyday.
I talked with him about staying at a comfortable body temperature during the temperature extremes(summer or winter) and which snacks to eat during the afternoon when energy levels typically drop. We talked about:
- cooking foods like a bodybuilder and packing food in a cooler (chicken, rice, vegetables, etc.)
- meat based snacks like jerky
- healthier snacks like you can get at a health food store
- vegetable trays
- using coupons for fast food, including the “healthier” options
- Protein bars or pre-packaged protein shakes
What about you? What do you recommend for someone working out in the cold during the winter or during the heat of the summer to stay at a high level of energy on the road most of the day and working at people’s houses or commercial facilities?
Thanks for your thoughts!